Broken head

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 11:19:29 EDT 2007

Manuel M T Chakravarty wrote:

> An automated system would be cool, but it'd require some effort to set
> up.  In the meantime, we should probably go with SimonM's proposal and
> just make GHC use a subset-branch of the main Cabal repo.  Pulling
> changes over into GHC's Cabal branch would be a manual process, which
> would involve running validate.  Especially, if, as you wrote, you guys
> are currently looking at breaking changes, that would be fairly urgent.
> I'd rather not have another round of the GHC build breaking every week.

I've just made GHC's Cabal into a branch.  The main Cabal repo is

   http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal

and GHC's branch is

   http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/Cabal

(the latter used to be a symbolic link to the former, now they're separate
repos).  Can Cabal developers check that they're using the main Cabal repo
when pushing, please?

Cheers,
	Simon