Developing cabal2wix - building Windows installers automatically

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 6 09:27:17 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 00:04 +0100, Neil Mitchell wrote:

> >  Cabal puts (at least) docs under Program Files\Common Files - this
> > separates docs from other parts of the program by logical placing,
> > which is pretty annoying if you need to offer way to relocate
> > installation (say to user's home directory).  I am considering moving
> > docs next to library files in installers cabal2wix generates.
>
> I would very much like it if runhaskell Setup install, and running
> your installer generator did the same thing.

Yes they should be the same, but what is the rationale for using Program
Files\Common Files for docs? Don't most Windows apps install into a
single relocatable directory rather than putting files in many places?

A similar issue arises for that common Haskell tool bin directory we're
using on windows.