[Gregory Wright] Cabal 1.1.6: an infelicity and a bug

Isaac Jones ijones at syntaxpolice.org
Mon Nov 27 13:31:51 EST 2006

Gregory Wright <gwright at comcast.net> writes:

(snip)
> If you can tell me where the include/ directory is created I can take
> a stab at making
> a patch.  If you can't, I can still try.  It just might take me longer
> :-)

If this is happening during registration (I can't remember offhand),
the it's probably in the file GHCPackageConfig.hs.  Grep around for
createDirectoryIfMIssing.  Maybe that function could take an extra
flag "thisDirectoryMightBeEmpty" or something:

grep createDirectory Simple/Register.hs Simple/GHC.hs Simple/GHCPackageConfig.hs
Simple/Register.hs:       (createDirectoryIfMissing,removeDirectoryRecursive,
Simple/Register.hs:     createDirectoryIfMissing True libdir
Simple/GHC.hs:                          ( createDirectoryIfMissing )
Simple/GHC.hs:      createDirectoryIfMissing True libTargetDir
Simple/GHC.hs:                       createDirectoryIfMissing True odir
Simple/GHC.hs:                 createDirectoryIfMissing True targetDir
Simple/GHC.hs:                 createDirectoryIfMissing True exeDir
Simple/GHC.hs:                                createDirectoryIfMissing True cSrcODir
Simple/GHC.hs:    = do createDirectoryIfMissing True pref
Simple/GHC.hs:   createDirectoryIfMissing True incdir
Simple/GHCPackageConfig.hs:import Distribution.Compat.Directory (getHomeDirectory, createDirectoryIfMissing)
Simple/GHCPackageConfig.hs:         createDirectoryIfMissing True (dirName f)

BTW, I committed a bunch of comment changes last night all over the
place, so to avoid conflicts, everyone will want to pull before making
any changes.

peace,

  isaac