[Gregory Wright] Cabal 1.1.6: an infelicity and a bug

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 24 15:34:37 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 06:51 -0800, Isaac Jones wrote:
> Gregory & cabal-devel,
>
> I like his suggestion about --register for applications.  I've
> attached a patch (which I can't push at the moment becuase I have no
> internet.)

Yes. I agree. I have the same issue with gentoo packages.

> About the macports empty directories, that's a bit more strange.  Is
> there any way to instruct macports to NOT delete empty directories?
> Alternately, it would be nice if ghc-pkg were a bit more
> fault-tolerant.  What does the --force flag do?  Does it actually
> create the directory?

I think we shouldn't be making package files that make ghc look for
include dirs if there are actually no headers needed. So there should be
no problem later with deleting empty dirs. We should not make and use
dirs in the first place if there are no headers to be used anyway.