"putting" packages compatible with ghc 6.6

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Tue Nov 14 19:33:55 EST 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 10:43:06PM -0800, Isaac Jones wrote:
> I'm working on building a set of packages that are known to be
> compatible with GHC 6.6:
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/testing-6.6/
>
> I'm working on a script to download and install haskell packages (from
> unstable), and if they build, install them into "testing".

Have you considered a setup like that used by Debian, with a single
pool of packages, and a distribution being just a list of package-ids?
It would be an extra level of indirection, but duplication can also
be confusing, and having all the packages in the same place would be
useful for other kinds of processing too.