Cabal/GHC interaction buglet

Esa Ilari Vuokko eivuokko at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 16:48:22 EDT 2006

On 8/17/06, Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately GHC 6.4.2 has a bug in it that if the .exe is not
> specified in the -o it always relinks. Any chance Cabal can ++
> executableExtension when passing onto the GHC?

Sounds right, but I think joinExtension in Distribution.Compat.Filepath
is for this.

> (I did take a look at writing a patch, but as far as I can see in
> Distribution.Simple.GHC, the file passed along to -o is created by
> mkGHCiLibName and should end in ".o", but it doesn't... If anyone can
> point me at where this should go, then maybe, just maybe...)

mkGHCiLibName builds name for an object file ghci uses when linking interpreted
bytecode with binary.  That's just part of the code that builds
library.  I think
you want the code that comes afterwards.

Best regards,
--Esa