[C2hs] lowercase/C evaluation [was:Don't lowercase...]

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Sat Jan 24 23:03:57 EST 2009

Benedikt Huber <benjovi at gmx.net> wrote:

> I think we would not want to apply the first part of the patch. The
> problem is elsewhere, but I think I've already fixed this before.
> Could you try whether the second part of the patch alone works fine
> with the latest c2hs ?
> If not, could you give a detailed description of the problem you're
> experiencing when not applying the first part ?
Indeed, it works fine with darcs.

Summing up, darcs diff gives me, right now,

diff -rN old-c2hs/src/C2HS/CHS.hs new-c2hs/src/C2HS/CHS.hs
<     adjustCase (c:cs) = toUpper c : map toLower cs
>     adjustCase (c:cs) = toUpper c : cs
diff -rN old-c2hs/src/C2HS/Gen/Bind.hs new-c2hs/src/C2HS/Gen/Bind.hs
> import Data.Bits     ((.|.), (.&.))
> applyBin _    COrOp  (IntResult   x)
>                      (IntResult   y) = return $ IntResult (x .|. y)
> applyBin _    CAndOp (IntResult   x)
>                      (IntResult   y) = return $ IntResult (x .&. y)

Strictly speaking, I don't even need CAndOp, but I felt like adding it
alongside. or'ing up things like MAXIMIZE_V and MAXIMIZE_H to MAXIMIZE
is a quite usual technique, so I guess I'm not going to be the only one
using it once enum define comes into usage.