[C2hs] Re: Default Marshallers / Arbitrary expressions as marshallers

Benedikt Huber benjovi at gmx.net
Thu Nov 6 11:38:14 EST 2008

On 06.11.2008, at 14:35, Gour wrote:
> Still, 'enum define' hooks are nice add-on and it enhances c2hs
> functionality.
Yes, they're certainly easier to manage from the library author's
point of view.
Improving automatic type mapping seems to be a good idea as well.

> /me would like to see c2hs as ffi-tool-of-choice for Haskell users.
>
> Atm, however, most of pkgs use hsc2hs...it looks having some more
> examples/docs of using c2hs would be great - like having example from
> the Real World Haskell book (FFI chapter) done in c2hs or something...
At least there's gtk2hs, but they use a private fork of c2hs - I think
there were plans to merge them at some point though.

> Benedikt> I've chatted with duncan a while ago, and he told me that
> Benedikt> manuel or he will take a look at the patches when there's
> Benedikt> time, but they're quite busy now I suppose (with the
> upcoming
> Benedikt> release of ghc 6.10).
>
> Right. He told me it's on todo list, but in the meantime I'll use your
> branch.
>
> Benedikt> Anyway, I'm still available for questions or help.
>
> Private email or sending here?
It's probably best to send general suggestions and comments to the list.
If you have some questions/bug fixes specific to the port, I'm fine
with private email, too.

best regards,
benedikt