[C2hs] distributing packages that use C2HS

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 13:37:54 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have a package (binding to a C library) that uses C2HS that I'm
cleaning up for a hackage release.  I was wondering if there are any
guidelines as to which files to include and how to set up the build.
I could include the .chs file, but then anyone trying to build the
library would need C2HS.  Alternatively, I could include just the .hs
file I get from running C2HS (and C2HS.hs), which would be okay, but I
would like to provide all available source files for anyone who's
interested.  Including both seems like asking for trouble in the build
process.  Does anyone have any recommendations for this?  I couldn't
find anything addressing it in the cabal packaging guidelines.

Thanks,
John Lato