[C2hs] Re: [Gtk2hs-devel] A new lexer/parser for c2hs

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Jun 8 07:12:39 EDT 2005

Duncan Coutts:
> On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 22:16 +1000, Manuel M T Chakravarty wrote:
> > Sounds good to me.
>
> You can review the cleaned up versions of the lexer and parser here:
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/gtk2hs/gtk2hs/tools/c2hs/c/CLexer2.x?only_with_tag=branch-0-9-8&view=markup
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/gtk2hs/gtk2hs/tools/c2hs/c/CParser2.y?only_with_tag=branch-0-9-8&view=markup

Looks great!  Just two minor points:

* In CLexer2.idkwtok, why didn't you use string literals (but explicit
  lists of characters instead)?

* I also prefer lines with max. 80 characters (I usually work on my
  laptop and its screen is not that big).

I take it that the new version works fine on the whole of gtk2hs.

So, if you would prepare a patch against the mainline c2hs in the darcs
repo, I'd be more than happy to replace the existing lexer and parser
with your new version.

Thanks,
Manuel