[Haskell-beginners] Problem with Graphics.SOE

Thomas Hallgren hallgren at chalmers.se
Mon Mar 29 12:32:38 UTC 2021

Hi,

I did a quick grep in the HGL source code, and it looks like it is trying to use
a font called "9x15", which is one of the traditional X Windows fonts, and they
are not always installed by default on modern Linux systems. You can see which X
fonts are installed by running the xlsfonts command. In Ubuntu / Debian, the
"9x15" font is included in a package called xfonts-base, which is installed by
default however, so my best guess is that you are using another flavour of Linux
where you need to install some additional font package to get that font...

Hope this helps,
Thomas H