[Haskell-beginners] Problem with Graphics.SOE

Vitaly Dolgov vitaly.dolgov at posteo.net
Mon Mar 29 10:18:49 UTC 2021

Hi, everybody!

I'm trying to do an example from the book "The Haskell
School of Expression", which originally uses `SOEGraphics`, I use
`Graphics.SOE` instead, but I get the following error on each run:

`user error (loadQueryFont)`

I have no idea how to approach the problem... `:trace` outputs an empty
exception :( Could you please help me to solve this?

My environment is: Linux, ghc 8.10.4, HGL 3.2.3.2
The code is quite basic:

```
import Graphics.SOE

main
   = runGraphics $
     do w <- openWindow "Hello World!" (300, 300)
        drawInWindow w (text (100, 200) "Hello World!")
        k <- getKey w
        closeWindow w
```

Thank you,