[Haskell-beginners] using both my personal .hs and a library simultaneously + seeing a function

Norbert Melzer timmelzer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 14:08:58 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 2:29 PM Alexander Chen <alexander at chenjia.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1) I have my own functions in a .hs file which i can load in winGCHI and
> use the functions without a problem. But I also need 1 function from a
> hackage library, which I have downloaded in my haskell folder. I can
> 'toggle' between both my personal .hs and the library but I cannot use them
> both at the same time. The library is Primes(just for clarity). How can I
> merge these two so I can continue my training?

Do you use a stack or cabal project or a plain file collection?

For a stack or cabal project you need to properly define it as a
dependency, for plain files I'm not quite sure how it works, but I'd
experiment with the `-i` argument to adjust the search path.

2) Is there a way to see a function if you call it in winGCHI. I don't mean
> the type structure which you do with :t but really the function itself for
> instance(see bold):
>
> circular_times :: Int -> [Int]
> *circular_times n = take (length (show n)) (iterate circular n)*

Not that I am aware off.