[Haskell-beginners] Install mess

Graham Gill math.simplex at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 05:38:58 UTC 2019

I faced a similar problem recently and wasn't able to finish building
Liquid Haskell and HIE until I started afresh. I wiped/uninstalled old
Haskell platforms, stack and cabal. Then for a system GHC and cabal I used
the HVR ppa. You could also use ghcup. See the ghcup page on github which
links to the HVR ppa also.  See the downloads page at haskell.org, under
Linux generic installer, which currently recommends using ghcup. (I liked
the flavour of the HVR ppa more so went with that. )

For anything else I'm using the latest stack.

I think my setup is much cleaner as a result, and tools better organised.

Regards,
Graham