[Haskell-beginners] Parsing

mike h mike_k_houghton at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 14 19:19:40 UTC 2017

Hi Francesco,
Yes, I think you are right with "Are you sure you are not wanting [String] instead of String?”

I could use Parsec but I’m building up a parser library from first principles i.e.

newtype Parser a = P (String -> [(a,String)])

parse :: Parser a -> String -> [(a,String)]
parse (P p)  = p

and so on….

It’s just an exercise to see how far I can get. And its good fun. So maybe I need add another combinator or to what I already have.

Thanks

Mike