[Haskell-beginners] foldr with short circuit and accumulator

Theodore Lief Gannon tanuki at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 08:47:02 UTC 2016

If you mean is there any f and z for which this can be done with only
"foldr f z xs", I believe the answer is no. If you don't mind extra parts,
though:

findAdjacent :: (Eq a) => [a] -> Maybe a
findAdjacent xs = foldr f Nothing $ zip xs ps
  where
    ps = zipWith (==) (tail xs) xs
    f (x,p) next = if p then Just x else next