[Haskell-beginners] Haskell package maturity

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 14:11:49 UTC 2015

I remember Louis as being quite active on the Libraries mailing list
as the queue package was developed and possibly was even keen to have
a priority queue include in the Base library "Containers". So I expect
the code is of pretty high quality and a quick scan indicates Louis
went as far as adding SPECIALIZE and INLINE pragmas for performance.
However, queues seem to be relatively unused but functional
programmers (Chris Okasaki's famous Edison data structures have a
similar "small" download count on Hackage). Maybe even the author
didn't need them often after they were written.