[Haskell-beginners] FFI Problems

Sylvain Henry hsyl20 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 15:30:27 UTC 2015

I forgot to comment this line from your code:
readMusicMetadata a = join $ withCString a $ \cs -> ((liftM peek) $
primReadMusicMetadata cs)

I would write:
readMusicMetadata a = withCString a $ \cs -> do
    p <- primReadMusicMetadata cs
    peek p

Or:
readMusicMetadata a = withCString a $ \cs -> (peek =<<
primReadMusicMetadata cs)

Or (with (<=<) from Control.Monad):
readMusicMetadata a = withCString a (peek <=< primReadMusicMetadata)

Best regards,
Sylvain