[Haskell-beginners] trying to install libraries for Haskell School of Expression

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 20:11:11 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 2:31 PM, DJ <jakep at arqux.com> wrote:

> Brandon: Thanks. I did have to install some gtk libraries. I am also
> working in a sandbox now. This moved things ahead somewhat. But I am
> getting this now from 'cabal install soegtk':
>
> Graphics/SOE/Gtk.hs:94:18:
>     Could not find module `System.Time'
>     It is a member of the hidden package `old-time-1.1.0.1'.

That would be an out of date [program referring to the old time component
(which wasn't very good, but was in base so didn't need dependencies). Just
adding a dependency on old-time to the cabal file should be sufficient to
get it to work.

I don't know why soegtk hasn't been updated to either reference that
package or use the modern time package.