[Haskell-beginners] http-conduit: Changelogs/notes on API changes

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Wed Jun 24 20:43:23 UTC 2015

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 16:53:42 +0200, Sevcsik András <sevcsik at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to update the couchdb-conduit package to use the latest
> (stackage) version of it's dependencies.
>
> Is there any changelog, release notes, or even a blogpost which summarise
> how the API was changed between different major versions?

You can get all change info from the GitHub network graph; hovering over
the dots give short description of the changes, click on the dots shows
all details:
   https://github.com/akaspin/couchdb-conduit/network
(it is however not clear to me, which version is stored on Hackage)

> And in general, is there a common practice for hackage packages on how
> are
> API-breaking changes are communicated?

The version of the package gives some indication, see the Package
Versioning Policy,
   https://wiki.haskell.org/Package_versioning_policy#Version_numbers

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl