[Haskell-beginners] Usage of $

Rein Henrichs rein.henrichs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 19:28:50 UTC 2015

You said,

> s mp $ n - 1 parses as s mp (n - 1)
> s mp n - 1 parses as (s mp n) - 1

This is not how they parse. This is how they *evaluate*. A description of
how they *parse* would have included the ($) token in a parse tree.

This mistake is what lead to our confusion and your rudeness hasn't helped
to clarify things. Rather than pretending that we're idiots for not
understanding what you meant, it would have been better if you had just
said what you meant.