[Haskell-beginners] Usage of $

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Mon Jun 8 19:17:43 UTC 2015

The OP's problem wasn't with the semantics of $. The OP's problem was that
the two expression had different parse trees that gave him different
results when evaluated. So not only was there parsing happening here, but
it was the root cause of his confusion.

Given that the output of GHC's parser was the cause of the confusion, I
couldn't think of anything else you might have meant that made sense in
context.