[Haskell-beginners] Is working with Haskell easier on Linux than on a Mac?

Ryan Trinkle ryan.trinkle at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 20:22:29 UTC 2014

Hi Jeffrey,

Haskell is what convinced me to switch to Linux (from Windows).  Since
then, I've occasionally worked with Haskell on OS X, and I've found it to
have more snags than working with Haskell on Linux.  Workarounds are
usually forthcoming though, since a substantial fraction of Haskell users
do use OS X.  Generally, there seems to be a bit more friction using
Haskell with OS X than with Linux, but it can definitely be overcome.  Of
course, Linux tends to have a bit more friction in dealing with the
hardware, especially Apple hardware.

Ryan