[Haskell-beginners] Literate Haskell in Markdown but not Bird style

Dimitri DeFigueiredo defigueiredo at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jun 4 22:58:27 UTC 2014

Hi All,

Is there a way to use literate haskell with GHC using Markdown but *not*
using the Bird style for the code?
It seems either one uses Bird style or has to put latex style
\begin{code} markup (which markdown doesn't hide)

In other words, is there a way to mark up the code in Markdown in a way
that GHC understands without having to preprocess the file? I just
wanted to write a .lhs file in markdown like I write a .hs file today.

Thanks,

Dimitri