[Haskell-beginners] wxhaskell compile issue for HelloWorld demo

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Sat Aug 2 12:20:05 UTC 2014

On Fri, 01 Aug 2014 04:40:50 +0200, Paraic OCeallaigh
<paraic.iam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> My first bite at installing wxhaskell on Mac OS Mavericks and I am almost
> there after jumping thru a few hoops. I am on wxhaskell 3.0 and installed
> the haskell platform using homebrew. I had to edit the Setup.hs to
> indicate
> I was on 3.0 not 2.9 as one of the hurdles to getting it even install.​
:
> Linking HelloWorld ...
>
> ld: warning: ignoring file
> /System/Library/Frameworks//QuickTime.framework/QuickTime, file was built
> for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64):
> /System/Library/Frameworks//QuickTime.framework/QuickTime
:

Hello Paraic,

There will soon be a new release of wxHaskell, that accepts both wxWidgets
2.9 and 3.0 (though it is strongly advised to use wxWidgets 3.0.1 or
newer). I know very little about Mac OS, the only thing I can see here is
a bitness mismatch. Try the Haskell Cafe, there are more people there who
might know the answer.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--