[Haskell-beginners] wxhaskell compile issue for HelloWorld demo

Paraic OCeallaigh paraic.iam at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 02:40:50 UTC 2014

Hi
My first bite at installing wxhaskell on Mac OS Mavericks and I am almost
there after jumping thru a few hoops. I am on wxhaskell 3.0 and installed
the haskell platform using homebrew. I had to edit the Setup.hs to indicate
I was on 3.0 not 2.9 as one of the hurdles to getting it even install.​

So this is what I get ​try to run HelloWorld.hs:

make HelloWorld

ghc -package wx -o HelloWorld HelloWorld.hs

Linking HelloWorld ...

ld: warning: ignoring file
/System/Library/Frameworks//QuickTime.framework/QuickTime, file was built
for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64):
/System/Library/Frameworks//QuickTime.framework/QuickTime

  "_CPSSignalAppReady", referenced from:

      _s7vsd_info in libHSwxcore-0.90.1.1.a(GHCiSupport.o)

make: *** [HelloWorld] Error 1

I did a search under /usr/local/Cellar for the QuickTime and found it in

./wxmac/3.0.0/lib/wx/config/osx_cocoa-unicode-3.0 and I removed the
inclusion of QuickTime Framework, but it made no difference.

Any help appreciated at this stage as I am feel I am so close to getting
this to work.

Paraic