[Haskell-beginners] Lens and imperative programming

Giacomo Tesio giacomo at tesio.it
Fri May 24 18:41:27 CEST 2013

For example I'm scared by += a function compositions.

For example here

units.traversed.health -= 3

(from
http://www.haskellforall.com/2013/05/program-imperatively-using-haskell.html)
I've some difficult to grasp the type. I can calculate it (or ask ghci :-D)
, but it looks complex to grasp.

May be I'm just too new to Haskell tools... but... I fear that in the long
run, this could become unreadable.

Am I wrong?

Giacomo