[Haskell-beginners] Performance problem with Haskell/OpenGL/GLFW

Hollister Herhold hollister at fafoh.com
Sun Mar 10 21:17:30 CET 2013

Okay, I think I just figured this out. Well, HOW to get it working with the accelerated renderer.

I was wondering a simple way to check renderer info so I ran glxinfo. This (automatically) fired up X11, and then on a hunch I re-ran Test2 with X11 running and got this:

hhmacbook:~/Development/haskell/OpenGL:57> ./Test2
hardware
(2,7,7)
(3,2,0)
hhmacbook:~/Development/haskell/OpenGL:58>

AH HA! I then quit X11 and re-ran Test2, and got this:

hhmacbook:~/Development/haskell/OpenGL:58> ./Test2
software
(2,7,7)
(3,2,0)
hhmacbook:~/Development/haskell/OpenGL:59>

SO- If you want the accelerated renderer, you need to have X11 running.

Now, I have no idea WHY this is the case, but there you go.

Hope this helps.

-Hollister