[Haskell-beginners] Haskell GTK

Giacomo Tesio giacomo at tesio.it
Mon Jun 10 12:00:15 CEST 2013

This is the point: in
https://github.com/Tener/sheep-transfer/blob/master/src/sheep-gtk.hs the
main function requires 196 lines!

How can this be acceptable? GTK is a good toolkit by itself. As far as I
can see, the problem here is haskell: I can't see how I can build a simple,
basic MVP framework on top of gtk2hs.

Probably I've finally found something relevant at which Haskell sucks.
Still I can't understand how haskellers code GUI when they really need to.
Do they use another language and interact with haskell programs via pipes?

Giacomo