[Haskell-beginners] Parsec Library Questions

Sean Cormican seancormican1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 13:52:50 CET 2013

I'm currently trying to run through this tutorial on the Parsec Library
http://legacy.cs.uu.nl/daan/download/parsec/parsec.html#operator
and I have a few basic questions that I'm hoping someone might be able to
shed some light on.

1. I seem to be having some issues with importing Parsec modules for
instance.
"import Parsec" as outlined in the introduction causes errors as does a
number of the imports used later on in the paper and a solution that I have
found is to further specify "import Text.Parsec" is this due to some
changes to importing since the paper was written (in 2001 I believe)?

2. Can anyone recommend if this is a good source to learn to use the Parsec
Library or if there are any other recommended documents I would benefit
from ?

3. I have also tried to run the files that I have created in hugs and ghc
and while they work in ghc, hugs on the other hand complains about the
import statements I making e.g. "import Text.Parsec.Expr"

Thanks in advance for any help!!
Seán