[Haskell-beginners] The Book

Emanuel Koczwara poczta at emanuelkoczwara.pl
Fri Feb 22 17:31:26 CET 2013

Hi,

>           I know "Learn You a Haskell" and "Real World Haskell". They
>         are very
>         helpful, but there is number of topics not covered by these
>         books.
>

> Yes.  Haskell touches on a *lot* of things, and it's not even remotely
> practical to try to digest all of them, especially as a beginner.  You
> do not want to do this, and you do not *need* to do this.
>
>           I want to learn Haskell in finite time, but having infinite
>         number of
>

> Finite time means you're not going to learn everything, sorry.  The
> world is bigger than you are.

  I want to focus on Haskell not the whole world ;)

  I've seen "Faith, Evolution, and Programming Languages" (by Philip
Wadler), he is talking about possible universes and logic ("I can't
imagine a universe where modus ponens doesn't work..." - something like
that), aliens and other cool stuff :D. And it looks like they are
"discovering" Haskell rather than "developing" it. Am I right? If so, it
really can be infinite.

  Anyway, thanks for your response, I will stick to
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Learning_Haskell and I'll try to work
out my learning roadmap.

Emanuel