[Haskell-beginners] GUI library

Tim Perry tim.v2.0 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 19:46:47 CET 2013

Java did it. Swing just asks the OS for a window and draws in it. Works fairly well...except that a Java (Swing) program never quite acts like a Windows, Mac, or Linux program.

And there was a practical use: you got much closer to "write once, run anywhere" whereas the earlier AWT resulted in "write once, test everywhere".

The same could be done in Haskell, but it would be a huge time commitment.

Tim