[Haskell-beginners] Segmentation fault

Hollister Herhold hollister at fafoh.com
Sat Apr 27 15:21:30 CEST 2013

Sorry, I wasn't clear - I was thinking OS X 10.8.3. Your uname says 10.8.0, which I now see (after running uname on my 10.7.5 installation, it says darwin 11.4.2) has nothing to do with the version of OS X you're running, so never mind. What version of OS X *are* you running?

The Haskell Platform comes with ghc 7.4.2. The newest release version of ghc is actually 7.6.3, and you can find the binary distributions here:

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/

The Haskell Platform "ships" with an older version that's been "shaken down" a little more than the latest-and-greatest ghc. It also comes with a selection of libraries that have been well-tested. You *can* start with just ghc 7.6.3 and install the libraries yourself, however. I believe the next Haskell Platform release (scheduled for May-ish, I think) will have 7.6.3, but don't quote me on that. Discussions were ongoing last I looked.

I'd suggest downloading and installing the binary for ghc 7.6.3 and see if ghci runs on that without crashing.

Hope this helps.