[Haskell-beginners] trouble with install SDL?

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Mon Sep 17 04:51:35 CEST 2012

I am trying to install SDL, and getting (typical?!) Haskell install troubles.

I found one suggestion from SO to use a modified SDL.cabal, but that didn't work.

I downloaded the current version (0.6.3) from HackageDB and tried to install using the enclosed Windows instructions.
I get the error:
     D:\ftp\New\W7\SDL\SDL-0.6.3>runghc Setup.lhs configure
     Configuring SDL-0.6.2...
     configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-compiler, --with-gcc
     configure: error: cannot find sources (includes/HsSDLConfig.h.in) in /e/plang/Libraries/wxWidgets2.9 or ..

I downloaded the current version (0.6.3) from HackageDB.

I spent several trips around the install problems with wxWin, and finally did get it working, only to have it alter fail on an upgrade in Haskell Platform version, but again finally got it reinstalled and working.