[Haskell-beginners] calling inpure functions from pure code

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 16:01:56 CEST 2012

Hi Emmanuel,

> Now that I mentioned my problem with more details, maybe you can
> think of a better way of doing that?

In this case I don't think that it's worth to separate it.

> And otherwise I guess this is the policy when writing Haskell code:
> absolutely avoid spreading impure/IO tainted code, even if it maybe
> negatively affects the general structure of the program?

There should be a reason for separating pure and impure code. If your
code doesn't get easier to reason about or more reusable, than
there's little reason for separation.

At the end the separation should result in better programs.

Greetings,
Daniel