[Haskell-beginners] exceptions and stacks

Emmanuel Touzery etouzery at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 22:37:48 CET 2012

so in the end I had to build the program with:

 ghc -prof -auto-all -rtsopts -osuf prof *.hs

so also -rtsopts. After the simple ghc *.hs build.

then I run it with:

+RTS -xc -RTS

in the command-line.

but it doesn't appear to work properly, I guess I didn't quite compile or
run it correctly. It constantly displays me some stack position during the
whole runtime even when there is no problem.
When the real problem comes, it still displays the same stack it did for
the whole runtime, but there is no "head" in that function.

I'll probably end up debugging this one "by hand", but I would really would
like to have a general solution for the problem for the future, where
tooling would help me...

annotating/modifying my code... it really seems wrong in this case :-/