[Haskell-beginners] Installing Haskell on Lion with Homebrew...

Jack Henahan jhenahan at uvm.edu
Wed Mar 7 23:19:34 CET 2012

I recommend installing outside homebrew, really. If you want the platform, I'd go with the pkg installer on the site, but I usually bootstrap the bindist from here.[1] I configure it to be in its own prefix in my home directory and to use the GMP from homebrew. If you'd like to go that way, let me know and I'll see if I can dig up the proper methods to get the newest cabal-install, as well. A few configs need fiddling, but other than that it's painless.

Additionally, have you tried the homebrew install with particular compiler choices? Try --use-clang (I'm pretty sure it uses LLVM by default, but if clang doesn't work you can always pass it --use-llvm. You never know.).

[1]:http://www.haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_7_4_1#macosx_x86_64

Jack Henahan
jhenahan at uvm.edu
==
Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes.
-- Michael R. Fellows
==