[Haskell-beginners] Installing Haskell on Lion with Homebrew...

Stuart Hungerford stuart.hungerford at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 08:57:59 CET 2012

Hi,

I'd like to start using Haskell on my OS/X Lion system.  In
preparation I've installed 10.7.3 and the latest XCode. I've also
installed the XCode command line tools.

I'm using Homebrew and run "brew doctor" first to make sure Homebrew
is happy. Then a "brew install haskell-platform" generates thousands
of "ld: warning: text reloc in _cZh_str to _stg_ap_pppppp_info"
warnings then fails on C Compiler errors.

I must have missed something important?  Any advice from other OS/X
Lion users much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stu