[Haskell-beginners] wxHaskell path

Henry Lockyer henry.lockyer at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 7 16:32:14 CEST 2012

Just in case anyone else was puzzling about the $WXWIN instructions on the wxHAskell installation page for wxWidgets 2.8, I think the following information I just now found in my latest trip through the Hall of Mirrors indicates that it is a windows-specific item, not a general one as may be suggested by the structure of the wxHaskell page at http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/WxHaskell/2.8    and it *seems* to be a general instruction, not just for 2.8.

The following is listed specifically under windows install at http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Downloading_and_installing_wxWidgets
Set the WXWIN environment variable
If you used the installer, in addition to installing the wxWidgets source files, it also automatically adds a WXWIN environment variable on your system pointing to the location where you installed wxWidgets. If you didn't use the installer, it is highly recommended that you do so by hand. You will need to setup WXWIN to the full location where you installed wxWidgets to (e.g. C:\wx\wx288). To do so see Adding an Environment Variable under Windows.

/ Henry