[Haskell-beginners] Haskell platform confusing to me

Manfred Lotz manfred.lotz at arcor.de
Tue Jan 3 20:00:17 CET 2012

Hi all,
I have 2 questions regarding Haskell platform.

1. If I would like to install the newest Haskell platform on say Ubuntu
Precise which is in the making I could proceed like follows:
 - install all dep packges from
   which means I would manually have to download all debs and install
   them thereafter.

   Is this true?

2. I have Ubuntu Lucid and like to install the newest Haskell platform.
   Do I have to build it from source?

I didn't find any (big picture) documentation telling me how the
installation pathes possibly are. As can be seen I'm pretty confused
how to proceed.