[Haskell-beginners] Adding to a package

AbdulSattar Mohammed codingtales at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 08:33:53 CET 2012

I just submitted a patch to Wai, but I didn't like the process I went
through while testing it on my machine.

I cloned the repo, modified it and ran

runghc Setup configure --prefix=$HOME --user
runghc Setup install

That registered as something like wai- ( I don't know what it
exactly looked like, but it appended a ".1" to the previous version.)
When I ran my test code, it used the latest version. Fine.

But, is this the way everyone does that? I mean, adding a new version?
I can't think of any other way, but I'm just against registering the
package into the GHC registry. How does everyone do that?

Warm Regards,

AbdulSattar Mohammed