[Haskell-beginners] programming novice :: chess engine interest - request for resource suggestions.

Andre Cunha andrecunha.usp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 12:54:08 CET 2012

Hi.

I believe you might be interested in a website called
http://haskelllive.com/ . It's a series of live coding videos where they
intend to create a chess engine from scratch (they've published 2 videos so
far).

For finding general resources about Haskell programming, the official
website (http://www.haskell.org/) is a very good starting point, specially
the "Learning resources" page (
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Learning_Haskell).

On 23 December 2012 06:22, B F <diabellical at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>      So far, I have experienced nothing but a warm reception to the
> Haskell community. I am new to programming (a dabbler in Python), a
> mathematics grad. student and a chess enthusiast. As a personal goal, I
> would like to learn Haskell by exploring ideas in chess evaluation
> development from the statistical and pattern similarity side (rather than
> simply max ply search).
>       As I will be learning principles of (functional) programming via
> Haskell - in the context of chess related concepts- I would like to request
> some Haskell resources that are explicative enough to suit the novice,
> while at the same time tailored to learning concepts related to pattern
> analysis, array methods, and matrix manipulation.
>
>      Many Many Thanks - in advance-
>           Diabellical

Andre Cunha