[Haskell-beginners] programming novice :: chess engine interest - request for resource suggestions.

B F diabellical at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 09:22:34 CET 2012

Dear All,
     So far, I have experienced nothing but a warm reception to the Haskell
community. I am new to programming (a dabbler in Python), a mathematics
grad. student and a chess enthusiast. As a personal goal, I would like to
learn Haskell by exploring ideas in chess evaluation development from the
statistical and pattern similarity side (rather than simply max ply
search).
      As I will be learning principles of (functional) programming via
Haskell - in the context of chess related concepts- I would like to request
some Haskell resources that are explicative enough to suit the novice,
while at the same time tailored to learning concepts related to pattern
analysis, array methods, and matrix manipulation.

     Many Many Thanks - in advance-
          Diabellical