[Haskell-beginners] cabal install errors

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Mon Aug 13 23:19:39 CEST 2012

Thanks, I'll try that, but it looks like it could be a lot of maintenance and manual cleanup!

I haven't knowingly done any manual upgrades of core packages, but I have done "update"s as asked by cabal when it thinks the database is getting old. I have had such pedestrian usage that I would not have expected to have goofed up the database!  :-)

Cabal seems to be more troublesome that other various package managers like apt, etc...