[Haskell-beginners] install wxHaskell on osx 10.7 64bit

Miguel Negrao miguel.negrao-lists at friendlyvirus.org
Sun Apr 8 11:26:17 CEST 2012

Hi Heinrich,
A 08/04/2012, às 08:53, Heinrich Apfelmus escreveu:

> Miguel Negrao wrote:
>> Then I get:
>> cabal install reactive-banana-wx --constraint=wxcore==0.13.1
>> Resolving dependencies...
>> cabal: cannot configure reactive-banana-wx- It requires wxcore
>> ==
>> For the dependency on wxcore == there are these packages:
>> wxcore- However none of them are available.
>> wxcore- was excluded because of the top level dependency wxcore
>> ==0.13.1
> I have hardcoded the  wxcore==  constraint in the reactive-banana-wx  package because I didn't take the time to fix my installation problems with the newer wx package yet.
> You can override this by downloading the tarball from hackage and changing the dependency in  reactive-banana-wx.cabal  from
>   build-depends: wxcore ==
> to the version you desire. Same for the wx == .. constraint. Then, simply type
>   cabal install
> to install from the  *.cabal file in your current directory.

I did:

cabal unpack reactive-banana-wx-

cd reactive-banana-wx-

edited reactive-banana-wx.cabal

cabal install

Resolving dependencies...
[1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( Setup.hs, dist/setup/Main.o )
Linking ./dist/setup/setup ...
ld: warning: could not create compact unwind for _ffi_call_unix64: does not use RBP or RSP based frame
Configuring reactive-banana-wx-
Preprocessing library reactive-banana-wx-
Preprocessing executables for reactive-banana-wx-
Building reactive-banana-wx-
[1 of 1] Compiling Reactive.Banana.WX ( src/Reactive/Banana/WX.hs, dist/build/Reactive/Banana/WX.o )
[1 of 1] Compiling Reactive.Banana.WX ( src/Reactive/Banana/WX.hs, dist/build/Reactive/Banana/WX.p_o )
Registering reactive-banana-wx-
Creating application bundle directory dist/build/Asteroids.app
Copying executable Asteroids into place
setup: dist/build/Asteroids/Asteroids: does not exist
reactive-banana-wx- failed during the building phase. The exception
ExitFailure 1

Miguel Negão