[Haskell-beginners] apt cabal hackage

csmagic csmagic at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 08:10:21 CEST 2011

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Antoine Latter <aslatter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 12:43 AM, csmagic <csmagic at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Antoine Latter <aslatter at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> Your example works great for me. What OS are you using, and what
> >> version of cabal?
> >>
> >> You could also try:

> >> But that doesn't give you all of the power of regular expressions.
> >

> My only guess is that something is odd about your terminal - I've
> never seen that error message before, on linux or anywhere else.

It seems to be happening elsewhere also:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/856

Also its more likely a locale issue than a terminal one because I get the
same error when I replace the pipe with a redirection to a file.

And yet my locales dont seem to be odd in any way (I can see)

$ locale
LANG=en_US
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="en_US"