[Haskell-beginners] error

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Mon Sep 12 19:34:01 CEST 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 11:02:53AM -0600, kolli kolli wrote:
> when i am implementing my matrx vector product i am importing
> data.vector.its showing me an error
>
>  Could not find module `Data.Vector':
>       Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
> do i need to install any packages.if so, can you guide me how to install
> those packages

As someone else already pointed out, Data.Vector can be found in the
vector package.  However, note that the vector package is a
sophisticated implementation designed to be used in code that needs
high performance.  I do not recommend it to someone just starting out
with Haskell.  It also does not support matrices.  If you are just
trying to learn some Haskell, I would suggest first trying to
implement matrix-vector product using the types

  type Vector a = [a]
  type Matrix a = [Vector a]

-Brent