[Haskell-beginners] problem installing checkers

Britt Anderson britt.uwaterloo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 15:15:29 CEST 2011

Britt Anderson <britt.uwaterloo <at> gmail.com> writes:

As a follow-up, I uninstalled my ghc and rm my /usr/lib/ghc directory and
reinstalled ghc and the haskell platform from archlinux and then used cabal
install --global to try and get reactive and failed at the same point. When
as before.

I was hoping to avoid arrows, for a while at least, but decided to try
grapefruit-frp anyway, to at least have something to play with, but this also
fails to install because of

cabal: cannot configure grapefruit-frp-0.0.0.0. It requires base >=3.0 && <4.1
For the dependency on base >=3.0 && <4.1 there are these packages:
base-3.0.3.1, base-3.0.3.2 and base-4.0.0.0. However none of them are
available.
base-3.0.3.1 was excluded because of the top level dependency base -any
base-3.0.3.2 was excluded because of the top level dependency base -any
base-4.0.0.0 was excluded because of the top level dependency base -any

So, my main question at this point relates to which frp should I try to install.
My goal is to begin to experiment/play with frp ideas. I hope that whatever I
begin to use will be around long enough, in some form or another, that I can
make use of it beyond the learning stage. Is there a recommendation for which
frp library a beginner should try both from the standpoint that it will install
and that it is expected to endure?

Thank you,
Britt