[Haskell-beginners] More than one GHC version installed

Paulo Pocinho pocinho at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:17:26 CEST 2011

Hi.

I'd like to know if it is possible to have a separate install
directory with GHC 7.0.4 and another with GHC 7.2.1 in the same
Windows system. I was thinking about having a standard PATH
environment "C:\Haskell\ghc\bin". Then have a folder structure like
"C:\Haskell\ghc-{7.2.1, 7.0.4}", renaming either one of them into
"C:\Haskell\ghc" depending on what I would like to be using.

I have taken into consideration to renaming the cabal install
directory in the same manner. However, the problem with this approach
is that the package database remains somewhere I can't find. Does the
default GHC store the package database in the registry or something?
I'd appreciate if you could hint me where I could swap the databases
for this setup.