[Haskell-beginners] How to get HLint working?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 06:11:48 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 21:19, Daniel Fischer <
daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Is
>
> /Users/averyrobinson/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.0.3/lib/hlint-1.8.18/bin
>
> in your path?
> Probably not, that directory was likely only created when hlint was first
> installed.
> That's an odd configuration for cabal to create a new directory for an
> executable to install in.

Yes, but Haskell Platform cabal on OS X does that sometimes (I haven't
figured out the logic behind when it does so and when it uses
~/Library/Haskell/bin --- note, *not* ~/.cabal/bin, H-P changed the paths
for OS X), but I also haven't tried very hard to figure it out.